Thursday, November 25, 2010

Diabetes Thanksgiving

Sometimes it’s hard to be grateful for diabetes, but since it’s Thanksgiving today, and because I like to try to turn difficult things into positive things, I thought I’d try to focus on the diabetes-related things I am thankful for. Here is a quick list.

Today, I am thankful for . . .

· Modern Medicine-because without it, I wouldn’t even be alive to write this.

· Loving family & friends-who see me as a person first, who just happens to have diabetes.

· Diabetes camp-for making me not only a better diabetic, but a better person.

· Insurance-While our insurance isn’t perfect, I know what it’s like to not have any, and I know that it could be a lot worse, so I’m grateful to have it.

· The diabetes community-I’ve learned so much from these people, and received so much encouragement and support from them. Being able to connect with them over the internet has helped motivate me in so many ways.

· All of you!-for caring enough to read my blog and seeking greater understanding!

Happy Thanksgiving! Take some time today to make a mental list of all the things YOU are grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment