Monday, February 28, 2011

My Endo-mance, or, Why I Love My New Endo

So, it turns out all my worrying over whether or not my appointment with my new endo would go smoothly and be productive was unwarranted.

My new endo is fabulous.

If there was a patient equivalent of a celebrity crush, or a bromance - or in my case, a womance - I would have one for my new endo. Sigh.

She did all the right things and asked all the right questions. Her practice ran like a smooth engine. It was almost like she could read my mind and anticipate all my questions before I even got up the nerve to ask them. She used all the latest gadgets not only with Type 1 care (in-office A1C, pumps, CGMs, etc.), but also with her practice management (EMRs, in-between visit e-mail contact, on-line patient access for labs and Rx requests and so much more!). We have the same views on the controversial "to statin, or not to statin" issue. And, she even checked my feet with that little soft needle-y thing and didn't mind that my feet were sweaty and covered in sock lint!

While I was sitting in the waiting room I saw her practice nurse compassionately interact with a walk-in patient who had financial difficulties with regards to paying for medications. There was no judgement, no brushing off, and they figured out a solution right then and there! No appointment necessary!

So, right now, I'm sitting in a euphoric heap in my living room, surrounded by brochures for pumps and CGMs, trying to focus on picking the ones I want. But, it's hard to focus, because I can't stop thinking about how great my new endo is.

Sigh.



(Is this post too creepy?)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you both (and for Ben as well, because happy Erin = happy Ben).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bout that ! ! Glad you got a good one !
    Hope it stays that fantazmic !

    I miss you and love my favorite niece !

    Netti

    ReplyDelete