Tuesday, August 21, 2012

On Student Loans and Health Coverage.

So, I spent a few minutes today going through some old bills & explanation of benefits for my health coverage during the time I was in graduate school. I shredded and threw out a ton of stuff I don't need to keep any more, and while doing so, I mentally added up the amount of money I spent on my own health care during graduate school. It was SIGNIFICANT to say the least.  Which kind of bummed me out. How did I manage to pay all those health care costs on my piddly  little grad school stipend and with my part-time job? Oh yeah, student loans.

But, then I realized that it somehow made me feel better about how much money I owe in student loans, which is also significant. :)  I guess it made me realize that I wasn't actually wasting my loan money, or taking out loans that I didn't need. So, there's that, I guess?

Anyway, I'm glad that chapter of my life is over. I liked school, but I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER go back, if I can help it!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff, thank you and keep coming with these, will be back again.

    ReplyDelete