Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Worst Diabetes Day EVER!

Warning: This post is entirely negative and complain-y. Because that's just how awesome my day is.

The past 24 hours has literally been diabetes hell. You should see the graph on my CGM! Mountains and valleys, people! Mountains and valleys!

I've gone from 54 to 375 and back down again, over and over and over and over. I had recently made a few adjustments on my basal rates, but I didn't think it would affect me like this. I also have started taking a new kind of birth control, so maybe that's messing everything up too. I've dialed things down a little bit more on my basal rates and my correction factor to see if that will help. I think because I'm dropping so low I might be getting a liver dump in addition to what I'm treating my low with, and that is resulting in these SUPER high numbers! I have no other explanation!

I was up until 3am last night treating a low that would NOT FREAKING END! You know, one of those lows that you treat and wait 20 minutes and you just keep getting LOWER! And then you treat again, and it seems like you didn't even treat it?! And then I woke up this morning at 375. What the what?! And now, I'm low again. Awesome.

Sheesh. Sometimes this is just really hard. REALLY FREAKING HARD. Good thing I didn't have anything important I was planning on doing today, because I'm so exhausted, and feel so sick from these dramatic swings. It's almost all I can do to punch buttons on my pump to treat the highs and stuff glucose tabs in my mouth to treat the lows.

OK, sorry this is really negative. I'm usually much more up beat, but this is reality for me today, and it's just not that pretty.

But, I know that I can do this! And that gives me a little hope today.

2 comments:

  1. You don't have to apologize for feeling the way you do--even if it is "negative"! Sometimes it is really freaking hard and other days it seems so much easier. Just get it all out there...tomorrow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete